Friday 28 March 2008

Automated Calls in Britain.

In Britain you can get something called silent calls.

That's when your phone rings, and noone says anything when you answer.

This is something to do with automated calls from companies, when companies have some problems with their system, or something like that.

I've been recieving a couple of calls like that in the last week.

Just now, ten minutes ago, I received an automated call.

It said something about, that now there is a little know regulation, that could lead to your debt being reduced, in line with some Government regulation, if you have more than £5000 in insecured debt.

And then the call said, press 5 to speak with an operator.

I wanted the company to stop calling, since they have been calling before, to different hours of the day, and sometimes very early, and sometimes quite late.

So I'm a bit tired of those types of calls.

So I thought I could ask the operator, which it company it was, who was calling the automated calls.

Since, I've tried calling BT about this problem earlier.

But BT, have no way to trace the call, and thell me who it was who called.

I called several numbers, and this wasn't possible to to, BT has said earlier.

The call today, sounded like this.

Operator (a young woman): Do you have more than £5000 in unsecured debt.

Me: I'm just calling to ask which company it is, that are calling the automated calls.

Operator: UK blalblab.

Me: Pardon.

Operator: UK balblabl.

Me: Sorry, which company is it, who is calling the automated calls?

Operator: You haven't answered my question, do you have more than £5000 in unsecured debt?

Me: I think you should answer my question first.

Operator: I have answered your question, do you have more than £5000 in unsecured debt.

Me: I think you are being inpolite.

Operator: Bye, bye, bye, bye, bye.

Me: Bye-bye.

I can't remember people being so inpolite, when calling in Norway.

But in Norway, one could reserv oneself against commercial phone-calls like this.

Also, I think in Norway, Telenor tells you who have been calling, if you call them after the call, and asks.

Even if I can't say this one hundred percent certain, but I seem to remember, that this was possible.

Now, theres really no way for me now, to find out who it was who called.

Since BT wont say.

So I think I'm going to switch from BT now, when the current one-year contract expires.

Since I don't think people should accept being treated like this in their own homes.

So this I think was a bit anoying.

I'm wondering if this is a sign on that people in Britain, aren't that well-behaved these days, like they used to be.

I remember going to summer-school in Britain, in the eighties, and then we were told at school, to 'don't forget the please', and things like that, since in Norway, people aren't saying please and thank you that often, for some reason.

But there is a different tone in Norway.

Some people go to the shop, and almost doesn't say a word, when the pay in check-out.

So when we were at summer-school in Britain, we got a bit shocked sometimes, that we always had to say, 'thank you very much', and 'please', all the time.

Since this isn't that usual in Norway for some reason.

And we had to keep this in the back of our minds, every time we went in to a shop etc., when we were on holiday.

So I remember thinking that people were very polite, or conform, in Britain.

But from the phone-calls I get from the different companies, who are calling commercial calls to my home, I'm not if the standards are the same any longer.

I don't mean to have a go.

I'm just wondering what has been going on.

Is it because the people calling are anonymious?

So they can't be traced.

Is this why they're acting inpolite?

Does this, with remember to say 'thank you very much', and 'please', etc.

Is this something that only applies, when you aren't anonymious?

Hm.

Well I can't say this for sure at all.

How this is.

Since I've been living in Norway all my life, except for the last three or four years.

So this isn't easy for me to understand.

So this is a bit of a mystery to me, I must admit.

But maybe someone else knows how this is, and maybe can write eg. a comment, on this, if they know anything more about how this really is.

Since I'm beginning to wonder a bit here.

And I have really got enough other things on my mind.

So if someone knows how this really is, then this would be very fine I think.

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Overhørte på Rimi Bjørndal, (jeg jobbet som butikksjef/leder i ti år, i mange forskjellige butikker), i 2003, at jeg var forfulgt av 'mafian', mm. Har etter dette ikke fått rettighetene mine, i mange saker. Blogger derfor om problemer med å få rettigheter, mm. Mine memoarer, (Min Bok 1-10), kan også finnes på johncons-blogg, (se: 'Etiketter'). Jeg blogger også om slektsforskning, (etter at min danskfødte mormor, som var etter adelige/kongelige, døde i 2009). Har også vært såvidt innom Høyre/Unge Høyre, i sin tid. Har også studert informasjonsbehandling/IT/Computing, (på NHI, HiO IU og University of Sunderland). Har også bakgrunn fra handel og kontor, (grunnkurs, økonomi med markedsføring og data). Er/var også i Heimevernet, (etter at jeg ble overført dit, etter førstegangstjeneste i infanteriet, (og en rep-øvelse i mob-hæren), i forbindelse med omorganiseringer, i Forsvaret, etter den kalde krigen). Blir også utsatt for mye nettmobbing, mm. johncons-blogg, (og mine memoarer og nettbutikk), er kjent fra TV-programmet Tweet4Tweet, i 2012, (selv om jeg måtte klage, for programmet var veldig useriøst/nedlatende, mm.).