Monday 10 December 2007

Hello johncons I'm not johncons
Retrieve my details
Sign out




Your region is Liverpool Your nickname is johncons.Change this

House rules Help


Discussion:
Messages 1 - 18 of 18


Message 1**, 5 Days Ago
This posting has been temporarily hidden, because a member of our Moderation Team has referred it to the Hosts for a decision as to whether it contravenes the House rules in some way. We will do everything we can to ensure that a decision is made as quickly as possible.
Message 2 - posted by Alan Amp, 4 Days Ago
Dear John, What the heck are you talking about ?
Your problem seems to be that you have a very shallow knowledge of your subject and have not grasped the Nettle as they say.. We want more in depth analysis on the matter from you . Please come back when you can do this.

Message 3 - posted by CanveyCove, 4 Days Ago
A/A, you could ask him to speak simple English.

Message 4 - posted by johncons**, 4 Days Ago
Ok I'll try to summarise it shortly:
It's like if you have a boss at work, and you're working with answering phone-calls.
And, your boss is yelling at you (through the room), that your phone is on wrap-up, and that you have to start answering the calls again, since the five seconds has passed (since the last call).
This, regardless, on if you are doing a worktask that needs to be done, in the meantime.
And the managers are trained to do this, and the method, is call 'negative reinforcement'.
So I was wondering were one could find more about 'negative reinforcement', in conection with management.
Because, when I searched on the internet, I could almost only find it in connection with the training of animals, like dogs and horses.
So, I was wondering if anyone knew, where 'negative reinforcement', fittet in, when it comes to the field of management theory.
Since I havn't heard about this method (negative reinforcement), in the management/organisation mudules at had at school and uni-level.
And they didn't teach about 'negative reinforcement' on the courses in practical management etc., that I participated on, when I was working as a store manager in Norway.
So I was wondering if anyone knew more about the use of 'negative reinfocement' in management?
I haven't lived that long in Britain, so it's possible that I've done a lot of spelling mistakes etc.
But please just ask if there is anything that needs to be made more clear, and I'll try to explain as good as I can.

Message 5 - posted by Rob***, 4 Days Ago
Probably!

Message 6 - posted by CanveyCove, 4 Days Ago
This is like me playing music, the right notes, for above put words, but seem to be in the wrong order. Where did you learn English? Not here.

Message 7 - posted by hywel, 3 Days Ago
I think you mean punishment and not negative reinforcement. Negative reinforcement is when I tie an iron ball to the talon of my pigeon and remove it only when he has pecked all the crumbs from my magnificent beard.

Message 8 - posted by pompomwhiting, 3 Days Ago
Perhaps the N.H.S. wasn't so bad after all.
Pom thinks that I.T. personel deserve their big wage and will not be tempted to go on a course.

Message 9 - posted by johncons**, 3 Days Ago
I think you mean punishment and not negative reinforcement. Negative reinforcement is when I tie an iron ball to the talon of my pigeon and remove it only when he has pecked all the crumbs from my magnificent beard.
Quoted from this message

Well couldn't this be similar with that they shout at the representatives, and only stop, when they answer the phones within five seconds?
At least the team-leader in the meeting, refered to it as reinforcement, which they had learned at team-leader training.

Message 10 - posted by johncons**, 3 Days Ago
This is like me playing music, the right notes, for above put words, but seem to be in the wrong order. Where did you learn English? Not here.
Quoted from this message

Well it's a bit of topic I guess, but since I've started explaining about it, it's from school in Norway, summer school in England, uni. in Sunderland and work in Liverpool.

Message 11 - posted by johncons**, 3 Days Ago
Perhaps the N.H.S. wasn't so bad after all.
Pom thinks that I.T. personel deserve their big wage and will not be tempted to go on a course.
Quoted from this message

Well, it was a minimum wage job, at around £5 an hour.

Message 12 - posted by Devon_Dumpling, 3 Days Ago
John, I'm a team leader in a call centre down south.
If I treated my crew like that they'd be gone within minutes. I'll carry on treating the like normal people, works wonders

Message 13 - posted by johncons**, 3 Days Ago
I've checked the pay now by the way.
Just so that I'm not saying anything wrong here.
It was 5.25/hour as Randstad employee, and 5.85/hour as Arvato staff.
(Randstad staff could get paid for working over-time, but for Arvato staff only interflex).
(Just so that I'm not writing anything wrong, because I don't know exactly to the nearest pence, what the minimum-wage is at the moment. And I guess this pay is really a bit above minimum-wage, so I thought I'd try to write it accurate. The figures are by the way from last year).

Message 14 - posted by PlainAshington, 3 Days Ago
Why didn't you just say it was agency work and you got shouted at for not grafting beyond the humanly possible?
Perfectly normal in the British work place.

wik.ed.uiuc.edu/inde...


Message 15 - posted by hywel, 3 Days Ago
At least the team-leader in the meeting, refered to it as reinforcement, which they had learned at team-leader training.
Quoted from this message

Well the 'team leader' was using the word incorrectly. This team leader training sounds pretty cowboyish. No management theory would advocate this kind of behaviour. It is bullying and illegal.

Message 16**, 3 Days Ago
This posting has been temporarily hidden, because a member of our Moderation Team has referred it to the Hosts for a decision as to whether it contravenes the House rules in some way. We will do everything we can to ensure that a decision is made as quickly as possible.
Message 17 - posted by johncons**, 48 Minutes Ago
I thought I'd just add a short anecdote, while I was at it, so to speak.
While I was working at Arvato, in the Cunard building, I took this picture, with a view of the Mersey.
So I was just wondering about the sculptured picture, on the wall of the Cunard building, if anyone knew which ancient god or person this sculpture is of?
Thanks very much for the help in advance!
farm2.static.flickr....


Message 18, 37 Minutes Ago
This posting has been hidden during moderation because it broke the House Rules in some way.
Posted by johncons at 09:16 0 comments

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Overhørte på Rimi Bjørndal, (jeg jobbet som butikksjef/leder i ti år, i mange forskjellige butikker), i 2003, at jeg var forfulgt av 'mafian', mm. Har etter dette ikke fått rettighetene mine, i mange saker. Blogger derfor om problemer med å få rettigheter, mm. Mine memoarer, (Min Bok 1-10), kan også finnes på johncons-blogg, (se: 'Etiketter'). Jeg blogger også om slektsforskning, (etter at min danskfødte mormor, som var etter adelige/kongelige, døde i 2009). Har også vært såvidt innom Høyre/Unge Høyre, i sin tid. Har også studert informasjonsbehandling/IT/Computing, (på NHI, HiO IU og University of Sunderland). Har også bakgrunn fra handel og kontor, (grunnkurs, økonomi med markedsføring og data). Er/var også i Heimevernet, (etter at jeg ble overført dit, etter førstegangstjeneste i infanteriet, (og en rep-øvelse i mob-hæren), i forbindelse med omorganiseringer, i Forsvaret, etter den kalde krigen). Blir også utsatt for mye nettmobbing, mm. johncons-blogg, (og mine memoarer og nettbutikk), er kjent fra TV-programmet Tweet4Tweet, i 2012, (selv om jeg måtte klage, for programmet var veldig useriøst/nedlatende, mm.).