Saturday 28 June 2008

E-mail to Jimmy Wales, Wikimedia foundation board-member/founder etc., 29/6/08.







Google Mail - Problems with censorship and threats at the Norwegian Wikipedia.





















Google Mail





Erik Ribsskog

<eribsskog@gmail.com>








Problems with censorship and threats at the Norwegian Wikipedia.




















Erik Ribsskog

<eribsskog@gmail.com>







Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:19 AM









To:

jwales@wikimedia.org













Hi,


 


I've been in contact with some admins on the Wikipedia irc-channel, regarding how to report problems,


on the Norwegian, and the English Wikpedia.


 


The problems on the Norwegian Wikipedia are:


 


- A big Norwegian company, named Orkla, tryed to censor what was written on Wikipedia, according


to a Norwegian Wikipedia admin.


 


- A wikipedia admin, used my nick, on the internet, to contact me, on my discussion-page, even if


I only had used an ip-address, as a signature, at this date/time, since I was new on Wikipedia.



So I must have been 'tracked', by this admin, I reckon, which I think is serious, and indicate, that


something is very wrong, with this admin, or the Norwegian Wikipedia.


 


- On the English Wikipedia, I was the subject to a harassment/Street theater operation, probably


organised by some government/mob, that didn't like what I was writing about the Norwegian


'Grandiosa'-pizza's, on the 'Pizza Grandiosa'-page, since I found something about the contence


of these pizza's, that seemed like it was something wrong with the content, of the food, so I


tried to add the facts regarding this, and then I was banned from the English Wikipedia, so


I suspect that someone with an agenda must have been involved, since I'm used to chatting


on irc, and being on the internet, for many years, without being banned, almost at all, so


the term 'netiquette', isn't new to me at all, so I think that it is probably something wrong here,


to cover up about the contence of the pizza's probably/possibly.


 


The username I have been using on both the Norwegian and English Wikipedia, is Johncons.


 


I'll it should be more about the incidents mentioned on the two different Wikipedia discussion-


pages.



I'll also see if I can find, a link, to where the Norwegian Wikipedia admin, claims that Orkla


wanted to censor Wikipedia.



It was later claimed, by other Wiki-admins, no irc, that this was a joke, but it seemed sincere,


to me, so I don't really think it was a joke, it wasn't in a cheerful tone, or anything like this.


 


Hope that you have the time to have a look at this!


 


Yours sincerely,



Erik Ribsskog


 


PS.



Here is more about the censorship incident, even if it is Norwegian, unfortunatly, but I'm adding


it anyway:


 


'Det er ikke ønskelig fra Orkla Food (Stabburets eier) at du bidrar på artiklene om Pizza Grandiosa. [[Bruker:Flums|Flums]] 20. mar 2008 kl. 00:24 (CET)'.


 




 


 















No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Overhørte på Rimi Bjørndal, (jeg jobbet som butikksjef/leder i ti år, i mange forskjellige butikker), i 2003, at jeg var forfulgt av 'mafian', mm. Har etter dette ikke fått rettighetene mine, i mange saker. Blogger derfor om problemer med å få rettigheter, mm. Mine memoarer, (Min Bok 1-10), kan også finnes på johncons-blogg, (se: 'Etiketter'). Jeg blogger også om slektsforskning, (etter at min danskfødte mormor, som var etter adelige/kongelige, døde i 2009). Har også vært såvidt innom Høyre/Unge Høyre, i sin tid. Har også studert informasjonsbehandling/IT/Computing, (på NHI, HiO IU og University of Sunderland). Har også bakgrunn fra handel og kontor, (grunnkurs, økonomi med markedsføring og data). Er/var også i Heimevernet, (etter at jeg ble overført dit, etter førstegangstjeneste i infanteriet, (og en rep-øvelse i mob-hæren), i forbindelse med omorganiseringer, i Forsvaret, etter den kalde krigen). Blir også utsatt for mye nettmobbing, mm. johncons-blogg, (og mine memoarer og nettbutikk), er kjent fra TV-programmet Tweet4Tweet, i 2012, (selv om jeg måtte klage, for programmet var veldig useriøst/nedlatende, mm.).